Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I LOVE Joanns!!

Needed to get out of the house today, so I took the kids and ran over to Joann's for a look at the sale items (which were plentiful!). I got a ton of cool stuff...



These are apple chalkboards that can be hung pretty much anywhere. (They can them in a crayon shape too but I only got apples). $2.50 a piece! Too cute!


How about some tongue depressers that have shapes on top?! I got some last year with animal heads and this year they had multi-packs of 16 a bag (only $1 per bag). One pack came with stars, hearts, and balls. The other pack came with butterflies and flowers. Love them! These will be perfect for my new behavior management system that I am borrowing from another blog that I lost. But as soon as I have it ready I will post and hopefully will have found the original author that gave me the idea!!



And who could pass up chalk for $1! A big thing of sidewalk chalk with a couple small pieces too! Since I am going to have a chalkboard this year I had to grab this!

Last, but not least, when I got home I finished my bookcase project and added some chalkboard contact paper to some reading bins. The perfect labeling system!!


As you can probably tell, I am super excited about getting in my new room next week and getting to work!!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is getting me inspired to get into my new classroom! :-) I thought about painting chalkboard paint on to my book boxes - how did it work for you? Did the chalk wipe off too easily? Thnaks! Julie

    ReplyDelete