Tuesday, August 7, 2012

it's august already??

I cannot believe it is already August!! Where have I been? I will tell you where....

In a daze... A school daze...

The craziest thing happened to me since the last time I posted. Life changing crazy....

While I was sitting on the beach, I got a phone call-- a job offer-- to an amazing school!

As my son would say (which I am completely discouraging but will borrow here): SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

I wasn't planning on changing schools this year- this amazing job just fell in my lap, so I took it!

There was only one little problem.... I got the call Wed. 7/25 and school started on 8/1, and I was IN FLORIDA!! I had to move my other classroom (that was practically together), then try to "pass" all the parts of the new employment with the background check before the first day of school. So for the past 2 weeks I have been in a school daze... I don't know how I am still awake!

One more problem... it is an EL position. Am I worried? Well, I have never actually taught EL but it is a self-contained 1st grade room so I think I can figure it out. I mean all kids have to learn how to read so we are going to figure this out!

The hubs has been amazing! Tomorrow is our 7th anniversary (which I just remembered), need to think of something awesome to do for him... leave me some ideas!

I missed Farley's Currently... so I am a late linker:


B2S Must Haves:

ONE: Milk Crate Seats... I haven't actually made any... yet!! You can better believe that will be my next classroom project. Hopefully I can get them done this weekend! 

TWO: My family has been awesome! My kids have been so flexible starting a new school and me working crazy hours! I love them!!

THREE: I need more time!! My room looks like its together but I am hiding things behind bookcases. I need a filing day!! Hmm... I wonder when that will happen?!

I have some awesome pictures of my room that I will be posting soon! 

One more thing... 

there is kind of a big sale happening this weekend on TPT. Sunday and Monday TPT is offering an additional 10% off sale prices. My store will be on sale from Saturday through Monday. Go get your mustache on... lol



5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a late linker too! Congrats on the new job despite the stress! I have found my EL kids to be the sweetest ones of the bunch and so willing to learn. (for the most part!)
    Good luck with your school year!

    Des @ When I Grow Up
    whatiwanttobe31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new job! I'm sure it can be overwhelming. I love those milk crate seats, I want to make some too! If I could choose a super power, it would be being able to stop time so that I could do everything I need to do. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have that super power because then I would never be able to slow down and just breath. We all need to do that once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Good luck on your new teaching assignment at the new school! I'm a late linker too and new to it. So I'm just trying to figure this out and do it right.

    Heather ;)

    mrsbucaroff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh milk crate seats! I'm dying to try it, but I don't have a need for them in my classroom at the moment (amazingly), so I've been putting them off.

    Congrats on your new position! It sounds overwhelming right now, but just concentrate on your excitement and everything else will fall into place. I stress about getting my room "just right," too.

    For your husband, why don't you make him something? There are lots of DIY gift ideas on Pinterest {my life-saver}. :) If you're not into crafty gifts, how about a date night? Those are always special and important. What about surprising him at work for lunch? A subscription to his favorite magazine? A subscription to the NFL channel {got it for my hubs last year...BEST. PURCHASE. EVER.}? Hope you find something perfect! <3

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job, So exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete