Tuesday, June 18, 2013

applelicious linky

I am linking up with The Applelicious Teacher again for her weekly linky:


This week the focus is classroom management! I am going to keep this short and sweet since tomorrow I am linking up with Just Reed's Ten Pin Party and the theme there is also Classroom Management!

At my school we get points from the cafeteria for cleaning up and following directions and so on. A class can get up to 10 points a day. At the end of the year, the top 10 classes get a special pizza and soda lunch. My class was #1! We had the most points. This was all the kids! I really didn't have to give them an incentive to do the right thing {I had an awesomely well-behaved class}. Some other teachers did use some incentives though, I think I might get on board this year. 

One that I heard of worked like this:
If they got 10 points in the cafeteria they got to pick a number out of a basket. The number was from the hundreds chart. They would put a little chip in the hundreds chart pocket on that number. When a whole row or a whole column was filled in they would have a party. 

Well, I saw another great idea on pinterest and had to create my own version of this. 


This blog does an awesome job telling you how to use this little gem. You can really use it for any classroom incentive. Check out my freebies for my version of this. Check out more tomorrow on the Ten Pin party.

Before you go to bed tonight check out the awesome giveaway at Head Over Heels for Teaching. You can win something from my store among 30 other teachers! Big prize!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment