Monday, July 8, 2013

monday made it!

I didn't blog at all last week. Took a short break from doing a lot of things...

I enjoyed pure summer- you know the kind when you wake up late and do as you please! Yes, that is summer!
Of course, this "laziness" (as some would call it... the hubs included) did come with some downfalls...

I had a tendency to run to yoga and I might have taken a few days off from the the y... Hoping to catch up this week!

I did get a lot of this done though:
Park Time!
Pool time! (And yes, my daughter is breastfeeding her doll... I couldn't help but take the picture! bahaha)
Yumminess! Cookie Brownies! Try them, you won't be disappointed!
Sister time!

Happy 4th of July! (Also a made it... how cute are these 2!)

By the end of the week I did start to get myself together. I didn't have a choice. There was the 4th of July and then my baby turned 4 on Saturday! I just can't believe how big she is getting! Some of my made it this week comes from preparing for her birthday:

Rainbow cupcakes with rainbow cake! These were a hit!

The Princess!

Her extra special flip-flop bows! 
She had to have special flip flops because she got to get her very first mani/pedi!
Of course, after the mani/pedi and she put the shoes on, there was a realization that she couldn't actually see the toes because the bows were so big! She wasn't very happy with that! 

So, we survived the birthday and I even got a little something done for my classroom. This was inspired by Alisha at the Bubbly Blonde Teacher. Last Monday she used some burlap in a way I never thought. 

Paint it! Check it out:

I love this! I am definitely hanging above my writing center space. It was really easy. I actually made almost the whole thing while the kids watched Annie (a fave of mine). I cannot wait to hang this in my classroom...

In fact, I will be there this week.. preparing for the new year! I need to organize in a big bad way! 

Hopefully, I will keep you posted this week... but... no promises!



3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great week! I love the bunting. I've been wanting to make some for my classroom but haven't thought of using burlap.
    Susan
    thoughtsfrommrss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute burlap bunting! I found your blog over at the linky! I am now your newest follower.

    -Bagby
    Math Madness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Write" banner looks amazing! I'm inspired to make one of my own! And the cupcakes... yumm!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Elizabeth
    www.secondsatthebeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete